The heavy rain that saturated NEPA on Monday and into Tuesday night really hammered Susquehanna County. Because of the flash flooding, Montrose coach Steve Miller canceled practice Wednesday so those who needed to bail water from basements or were on lock down because of closed driving routes could help in the recovery process.
That made for only one visit Wednesday. So, instead of running two separate blog posts, we still combined the two visits here for fans of the Carbondale Area Chargers and Montrose Meteors.
So, without any further delay, here is the final post for the 2018 AROUND THE CAMPS tour.
Here is a recap of Day 8:
VISIT No. 1
2018 CARBONDALE AREA CHARGERS
Carbondale Area reached the District 2 Class 2A final last season.
Once of the interesting parts of the tour is it offers us an opportunity to meet players whose fathers who also played at the school. Tradition is what drives a program. Seth Arthur’s dad, Jeff, played on the offensive and defensive lines for the Chargers way back when in the dark ages of the 1980s. Now, Seth is a leader for this year’s Chargers.
Here is a recap of Day 9:
VISIT No. 1
2018 MONTROSE METEORS
Montrose players and their families were battling flash flooding in Susquehanna County, but the kids practiced hard Thursday.
This is the first really full season in coach Steve Miller’s tenure with the Meteors. He took over only six weeks before the 2017 season. With his system now in place, and some added players through the co-sponsorship agreement with Elk Lake and Mountain View, the Meteors have numbers and renewed hope for the season in the Lackawanna Football Conference Division IV.
That concludes this year’s tour.
Saturday’s scrimmage schedule:
- Dunmore at Dallas, 9 a.m.
- Lakeland at Abington Heights, 10 a.m.
- Old Forge at North Pocono, 10 a.m.
- Coughlin at Scranton, 10 a.m.
- Lackawanna Trail and Western Wayne at Wallenpaupack, 10 a.m.
- Hanover Area at Honesdale, 10 a.m.
- Scranton Prep at Crestwood, 10 a.m.
- Riverside at Valley View, 10 a.m.
- West Scranton at Mid Valley, 10 a.m.
- Meyers at Carbondale Area, 10 a.m.
- Susquehanna at Athens, 10 a.m.
- Holy Cross at Scranton JV, 10 a.m.
- Delaware Valley at Liberty, 11 a.m.
- Montrose at Towanda, 1 p.m.
Don’t forget in The Sunday Times: